You don’t have to be an expert video editor to bring your ideas to life in 2021. But surprisingly 90% of marketers and business owners still feel like video editing is a super complex arena. They either outsource this and spend 4X the cost or drop the idea of creating videos altogether and lose out on a valuable marketing tool in the bargain. But what if there’s a way out wherein you can actually create videos online in minutes even if you’ve never edited a video before? That’s exactly what we’ll cover in this article, where we put together 10 best online video editors that you can get started with.
Here’s a quick comparison snapshot:
Whether you’re looking to create a YouTube intro, business presentation, or music video, InVideo is a super intuitive video creation platform that will enable you to create professional-quality videos in minutes even if you’ve never edited a video before. It comes pre-built with everything you need to create amazing, pro videos, from templates to stock footage to a super user-friendly editor. The best part—you can sign up for a free account here.
Best for: Social media marketers, solopreneurs, and business owners, agencies, drop shippers, YouTube creators, digital marketers.
- Beginner-friendly, super intuitive video editor.
- 4000+ completely customisable video templates
- 8M+ royalty-free images and video clips
- Watermark-free videos.
- Automated text-to-speech.
- Record voiceovers directly from the online video editor.
- Unlimited team members and team sharing even for free users.
- Brand presets such as palettes, logos, and fonts available even for free users.
- 24x7 priority support even for free users
- Up to 100GB cloud storage.
You can check out the complete list of features here.
- Video duration capped at 15 minutes.
$30/month billed annually.
This online video editor is best suited for video ads or short presentations. FlexClip is easy to use and comes with several customisable templates, stock footage, photos and audio, and motion text and overlays to suit various requirements and moods.
Best for: Social media marketers, businesses, entrepreneurs.
- Interface is easy to navigate and use no matter your skill level.
- Large template library.
- Animated text, overlay options, and stickers that can easily jazz up your video.
- Option to record voiceovers directly from the online video editor.
- Limited stock footage and photos
- Free plan supports video length of only 60 seconds, and the most cost-effective plan caps video duration at 3 minutes. Video duration of between 10 and 30 minutes is only available with the top-tier paid plans.
- Free plan only supports video exports in 480p.
- Cloud support for only up to 1,000 videos.
$19.99/month billed annually.
We found this online video maker by Vimeo to be one of the easiest to use. The interface is filled with prompts to guide you through the process so you don’t waste time figuring out how to use the editor. Magisto uses AI to put together a video in minutes with minimal inputs required from you. That said, you can also choose to take a hands-on approach and edit your video yourself.
Best for: Marketing or brand videos.
- 3+million HD stock videos and 25 million stock photos, and commercially licensed music.
- Trendy fonts, transitions, and ready-to-use palettes.
- Interface is easy to navigate. Put together a complete video in minutes by just uploading photos or footage and adding text.
- Videos are customisable with brand colours, logos, and fonts.
- HD video downloads.
- Includes a free Vimeo Pro or Vimeo Business plan.
- Limited ready-to-use templates
- Video duration of only 10 minutes.
- No free version.
$9.99/month billed annually.
If you’re a first-time video editor, Wave.video may take a few minutes to get used to. However, there are handy prompts to guide you. This is one of the best online video editors that allows you to customise templates as well as edit your own footage. There are several options to include stock footage and photos, alter layouts, and add stickers and overlays
Best for: Social media marketers, vloggers, businesses, entrepreneurs.
- High level of video customisation.
- 600+ templates, variety of stickers, transitions, and overlays.
- 10M+ royalty-free stock images and videos.
- Option to add custom or auto-generated captions and voiceovers.
- Customisable watermark and option to remove watermark (in paid versions).
- Native social media shares.
- Up to 30-minute video duration available in paid version.
- 15-second video duration limit in free version.
- Cannot export HD videos or mp4 files in the free version.
- Interface is not super intuitive.
- More expensive than similar online video editors.
$24/month billed annually
Animoto is best suited to creating quick, attractive videos, such as product videos, testimonials, and event announcements, to share on social media. The user interface is easy to navigate, making it suitable even for those with no prior video editing experience.
Best for: Entrepreneurs and small businesses.
- 1M+ stock photos and videos from Getty and 3000+ audio tracks
- Interface is beginner-friendly.
- Videos can be customised with brand colours and logo.
- Unlimited video downloads on all plans
- Supports SD 720p and HD 1080p video exports
- Supports sharing across social media channels.
- Limited ready-to-use templates.
- Very limited fonts, stock photos, videos, and audio in free plan.
- Limited customisation of assets while editing a video.
$15/month billed annually.
Here’s a handy tool to create animated videos from scratch. You could also use Wideo to add animations to existing footage. The website features simple, informative tutorials to guide you, making it easy to use for video editors of all skill levels. If you’re looking to make engaging explainer videos, product presentations, or marketing ads, Wideo is a good choice.
Best for: Teachers or anyone looking to create tutorials, businesses.
- Large library of animation-based templates that are highly customisable.
- Free stock videos, photos, and music.
- Unlimited cloud storage (for paid plans).
- Supports direct YouTube and Facebook uploads. (Available in paid plans.)
- Video duration capped at 60 seconds and 90 seconds for free and Basic plans, respectively.
- Downloads capped at 10/month on Basic plan (paid). Unlimited downloads only available on more expensive Pro and Pro+ plans.
- Only 1 Facebook or YouTube upload supported by the free plan.
- Not easy to create a live-action based video with a live presenter.
$39/month billed annually.
#7 Adobe Spark
Adobe Spark offers basic video editing features with customisable templates suited to various platforms, as well as the option to create a video from scratch. The downside is that most of its features are locked behind a subscription fee.
Best for: Businesses and entrepreneurs.
- Clean, intuitive interface with helpful prompts to guide you.
- Several attractive templates and themes that are easy to customise.
- No watermark.
- Supports multiple collaborators on a single project.
- Videos customisable with brand logo, colours, and font.
- Supports sharing across social media channels.
- Very limited ready-to-use video templates
- No stock videos
- Basic audio library
- Video duration capped at 30 seconds in Free plan.
- Free plan has extremely limited features.
$9.99/month billed monthly.
Clipchamp is an online video editor that offers the basic tools you’d need to make and edit videos online for free. You can choose to use your own footage or customise an existing template. It also includes a screen recorder and a Picture-in-Picture feature that enables you to overlay videos, images, and slideshows in a single project, making it suitable for creating tutorials or recording gameplay.
Best for: Educators, vloggers, gamers.
- Online video editor interface is easy to understand and navigate even for first-time video editors.
- Supports different aspect ratios to suit various platforms such as IGTV, Facebook, YouTube, and TikTok.
- Access to customisable templates, stock photos, and footage, and audio clips.
- Can upload footage directly from your phone.
- Direct uploads to YouTube
- Integration with cloud services such as Google Drive, One Drive, and Dropbox, making it easy to share your edited video in a single step.
- The free plan only allows you to export your video in a 480p resolution. This is a major drawback at a time when HD videos of 720p and 1080p are the norm.
- Limited fonts and overlays.
- The option to compress your video is only available in the paid versions.
- Custom branding is only supported by paid versions.
$27/month billed annually.
This online video maker is packed with templates of various themes, plus stock video, audio, and photos. Renderforest is a handy tool if you’re looking to create a promo video, logo reveal, explainer, or music visualisation quickly. However, a big con is that you cannot create a video from scratch; you can only add your own images or footage to the existing templates.
Best for: Businesses, entrepreneurs.
- Varied templates, including animated ones, for a variety of uses including presentations, explainers, slideshows, YouTube intros and logo reveals.
- Interface is easy to use.
- 500k+ stock videos and 200+ music tracks.
- Video duration of upto 60 minutes with export in HD720 and HD1080 resolutions via paid plans.
- No watermarks on HD videos.
- Can add voiceovers.
- Free version allows you to create videos up to 60 seconds only.
- Only 360p, watermarked video exports supported by free plan.
- No option to create a video from scratch.
$49.99/month billed annually.
This free online video editor provides all the basic functions of a professional video editing software. With Kapwing, you can crop and trim video clips, add transitions, overlay images, and audio, and generate subtitles to create a shareable video. It also supports teams, which means creators can collaborate and edit a video together in real-time.
Best for: Educators, vloggers, businesses.
- All the basic functions of professional video editing software online for free.
- No watermark.
- Supports audio and video imports from YouTube and other URLs.
- AI-powered features such as auto subtitle generator, remove background tool, and automatic translation.
- Multiple creators can view and edit videos in a single project in real-time.
- Screen and audio recorder to record tutorials, gameplay, or voiceovers.
- Unlimited cloud storage.
- Very few ready-to-use templates.
- Interface may pose a learning curve for beginner video editors.
- Limited in-built audio options
- Limited stock photos from free stock image banks such as Unsplash, Pexels
- Video duration capped at 7 minutes for free version
$17/month billed annually.
The interface of WeVideo’s online video editor is similar to that of traditional editing software, and the layout may pose a learning curve for inexperienced editors. Besides basic trimming and splitting functions, it’s packed with features, including access to stock footage and audio, green screen and slow motion, simultaneous screen and webcam recording, and integration with Twitter and Facebook. But with no ready-to-use templates, this is a good option only if you plan on working with your own footage.
Best for: Educators, vloggers, gamers, businesses.
- Several additional features such as green screen, slow motion, screen, and webcam recording, motion text, and an option to export audio separately.
- Can export videos in 720p and 4k HD resolution.
- Unlimited cloud storage and no cap on video duration. (Available on paid plans.)
- Can create your own templates.
- No watermark.
- Beginners may not find the interface easy to use.
- Free plan has very limited features and no access to stock footage.
- Limited library of stock photos, footage, music, and audio effects.
- Very limited ready-to-use templates, and only available in the paid plans.
- Backgrounds and transitions look outdated.
$29.99/month billed annually.
Can you edit videos online?
Absolutely! You don’t need to download any software to produce professional-quality videos. You can use InVideo or any of the other online video editors we’ve listed here to create and edit videos right from your browser. While some of these platforms offer paid plans, we’ve also listed options where you can edit your videos online for free.
Where can I edit my videos online for free?
There are plenty of options to edit videos online for free, starting right here with InVideo! Our free plan gives you access to a super intuitive video editor, and 3500+ customisable video templates, and 3M+ standard media library for free. Plus there is no watermark!
How can I edit videos for free?
There are several online video editors that allow you to create and edit a video for free. Some offer basic functions such as cropping, trimming, and adjusting the aspect ratio, while others, like InVideo, provide you with templates, stock footage, photos, and audio as well. Scroll through our curated list to select one that best suits your needs.
And there you go! That’s our round-up of the top 10 best online video editors. We would love to know which one is your fav, tell us in the comments below, and if you did love this article, you should definitely check out this A-Z guide we’ve put together on how to make videos in 2021.