Prezi is a cloud-based video editing tool primarily used for creating interactive slides and presentations (called prezis for short). It has gained a lot of popularity amongst schools and other educational institutes for its easy-to-navigate interface.
Prezi has a lot of similarities to presentation software like Microsoft Powerpoint and Google Slides, but its bevvy of templates and host of unique features such as adding audio files to frameworks, presentation controls, and social sharing give it an edge above the rest.
If you’re looking to make engaging and eye-catching presentations, Prezi is the tool for you. However, it offers little video editing features that can help you do more than trim videos and create presentations. If you’re looking for a more robust editor with better creative control, it’s time to look at other alternatives, which is exactly what we will be covering in this article.
So, what does an ideal Prezi alternative look like?
An ideal Prezi alternative should be the one that’s easy to learn and use, even for newbies. It should allow you to have more creative control over your video editing process and allow you to make advanced edits, including adding text to speech, overlays, transitions, and music, to your videos and letting you create spectacular presentations. Having a more feature-rich free plan would be icing on the cake.
Now that we know what to look for, let's dive right into the top 10 Prezi alternatives in 2021, complete with their pros, cons, pricing, and customer ratings. We have also summarized the features of all the alternatives in the form of a table at the end of the article to make it easier for you to navigate.
Here are the ones we will cover:
InVideo is a highly intuitive online video editor that enables you to create professional videos in minutes, even if you’ve never edited a video before.
This Prezi alternative has a robust editing suite, fully-customisable templates, an extensive stock media library, and a wide range of menu options only available in paid versions of similar platforms. You can use InVideo to create everything from presentations to vlogs and music videos. Create your free account on InVideo to kickstart your video editing journey.
Who is InVideo for?
InVideo works equally well for professional and personal use. Whether you’re a teacher, educationist, social media marketer, or business owner —InVideo caters to your needs with over 5,000 templates and over 8 million stock videos and photos that cover almost every use-case and industry.
You can sign up for your free account here.
InVideo Key Features
- 5000+ fully customizable templates: From logo reveals to educational videos, InVideo has templates for almost every industry and video idea.
- Access to 8M+ stock assets: Want to add some additional clips to your video for an intro or outro? Or perhaps you want to create a professional video without investing in filming? You can do that with the extensive stock assets library on InVideo.
- Allows you to add your branding: InVideo offers you the flexibility to add your brand’s watermark and choose your font and colors to make your videos suited for your brand.
- Automatically convert text to video: Convert an article or a social media post into a video in just one click with 50+ themes, context-matching images, and a natural-sounding voice that reads the words out loud.
- Unlimited users: You can add multiple team members to your dashboard to edit and collaborate on videos together instead of doing unnecessary back and forth for approvals and feedback.
- Instant chat support on the video editor: If you’re stuck while editing a video, the InVideo chat support is present within the dashboard to help you with quick solutions.
- Easy to use and learn.
- Good for beginner and seasoned users alike.
- Offers 5000+ completely customisable video templates
- Free in-built stock media library with 8M+ royalty-free images and video clips
- Includes high-end features like automated voiceovers, HD resolution, speed adjustment
- Allows you to turn articles into videos in a single click
- Unlimited team members and team sharing, which makes collaboration a breeze
- Brand presets that ensure your content remains consistent with your brand’s style guide.
- 24x7 priority support so that your workflow experiences minimal interruptions
- Up to 100GB cloud storage.
- With a paid membership, you also get full access to the Filmr - Video Editor & Video Maker mobile app that helps create professional videos on the go.
- The duration of your final export must be under 15 minutes since the editor is entirely browser-based
InVideo Pricing (Annual)
- Free Plan
You can get started for free and create as many videos as you'd like with an InVideo watermark to test if the platform’s fit for your video purposes.
- Business: $15/month
You get everything in the free plan plus the option to remove the InVideo watermark, 60 video exports per month, 10 iStock media per month, 10GB cloud storage, and pro access to the Filmr app.
- Unlimited: $30/month
In addition to everything in the free plan, the Unlimited plan gives you unlimited video exports, 120 iStock assets every month, 100GB Cloud Storage, and access to Filmr Pro.
Check out a full breakdown and comparison of the pricing and plans for InVideo here.
Let’s take a look at Prezi and InVideo’s features side-by-side.
Camtasia is a screen-recording and video editing tool available for Windows and Mac OS. If you’re looking to create a screencast-style video, this one may be your best bet since it allows you to record and edit your screen recordings as well as your video recordings within a single platform.
It supports all the basic editing features and contains some super-handy features for this genre, like allowing you to import and convert your PowerPoint presentation into a high-quality video using add-ins, making it a great alternative to Prezi.
Who is Camtasia for?
Camtasia is an excellent option for anyone looking to create instructional or tutorial videos that require screen recordings. This is regardless of whether you’re a college professor, an independent creator designing an online course, or a small business team creating training videos for new employees.
Camtasia Key Features
- Screen record tool that allows you to capture your screen and record right from your webcam
- Allows you to customize the recording area, toggle mic and system audio on/off, and add basic audio (like fade) and video effects (trim, split, change speed)
- Drag-and-drop video interface with track-based editing
- Voiceover and subtitling tools to make it even easier to deliver instructions
- Supports high-quality videos of up to 4K
- User-friendly interface and easy navigation
- Contains 40+ templates covering everything from a university lecture presentation to a software product demonstration
- Supports advanced features like Green Screen and syncing your captions to a pre-existing script (currently available on Windows only)
- Comes with a decently-sized assets library containing transitions, music, annotations, and lower thirds to enhance your recording
- Contains additional elements to make your content more interactive, like quizzes
- Allows you to share directly to platforms like YouTube and Vimeo
- Contains a good variety of animations (like cursor animations) that allow you to draw attention to a specific portion of the screen
- Supports advanced editing features like masking with its Track Mattes option
- You can create and share custom themes with presets of up to 5 colors, 2 fonts, and a logo, which makes for seamless branded content for your business, especially for teams.
- Not free to use, only offers a limited 30-day free trial
- Limited video templates
- The app has amassed a bit of notoriety for its frequent crashes, and this problem is exacerbated with large-sized files
- No auto-record feature
- Individual: $169.99 per user
- Business: $249.99 per user
- Education: $169.99 per user
- Government and Non-Profit: $265 per user
Let’s do a side-by-side comparison of the features of Prezi and Camtasia.
Lumen5 makes for a great Prezi alternative thanks to its convenient text-to-video feature, which allows you to easily convert any text like scripts and blog posts into a video storyboard that you can customize. The addition of basic editing functions and an in-built stock media library make it easy to create professional videos in minutes.
Who is Lumen5 for?
The AI-powered smart video creation in Lumen5 automates the process but arguably gives you less control for editing. This editor is ideal for content creation teams to port written blogs (blog posts) to video formats and to create social media and marketing videos with its dedicated tool for Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, YouTube, and more.
Lumen5 Key Features
- Quick, easy set up to convert your blog posts to videos
- Drag-and-drop interface for quick and easy video editing
- Import your clips, photos, audio and enhance it
- A huge number of templates, divided into several categories for ease of use
- Automated AI-powered workflow for easier editing
- Millions of free stock assets to choose from
- Customizable branding options
- Supports multiple aspect ratios and video resolutions
- The AI feature is likely to misinterpret some text and may not convert certain articles to accurate images.
- Some aspects of customization can get cumbersome e.g., you can only change the speed and length of the whole video, not slide by slide. This might make it difficult to edit the flow of your video slideshow.
- Limited text and audio editing options
- You can only create 5 videos per month in the free subscription plan
Lumen5 offers various plans based on your use case.
- Creator: $11 per month (billed annually at 27% off)
- Premium: $59 per month (billed annually at 25% off)
- Business: $149 per month (billed annually at 25% off)
Let’s do a side-by-side comparison of the features of Prezi and Lumen5.
Animoto is an easy-to-use cloud-based video editor and is a great alternative to Prezi because it allows you to do more than simply create presentations. It is also a lot more reasonably priced than other editors in this category, making it suitable for teams and individuals with a small marketing budget.
One of its biggest advantages is that it comes with pre-built marketing storyboards and over 3,000 licensed music tracks to help make your videos more engaging and fun. But, while it’s great for those smaller projects, it might not be the best fit if you want to create multiple projects in a month that require more creativity and versatility.
Who is Animoto for?
Animoto is a beginner-friendly video editor with an intuitive drag-and-drop interface. It’s an excellent fit for both personal and professional use, with a huge library of templates that you can use to create almost everything from personal birthday videos or albums to promotional ads or social media posts for your business.
Animoto Key Features
- Hundreds of customizable templates across both brand marketing and personal projects
- Wide range of unique video themes with animated text options
- Intuitive video editing interface and easy navigation
- Extremely user-friendly interface
- The stock library is sourced from Getty Images and consists of over 1 million images and videos
- You can add your company logo as a watermark (not available on a Free plan)
- Limited collection of fonts
- Lacks creative control and flexibility. Simple customizations like editing image size aren’t possible with certain templates.
- The Free plan does not support HD videos (1080p)
- No mobile app
- Only supports English which makes captioning and other text-related editing features irrelevant if working with another language.
Animoto Pricing (Annual)
- Basic: $8/month
- Professional: $15/month
- Professional Plus: $39/month
Let’s do a side-by-side comparison of the features of Prezi and Animoto.
With WeVideo, you’re able to make more elaborate and immersive videos thanks to the multi-track editing interface. The fact that it’s cloud-based also makes it ideal for users looking to churn out quality videos on the go quickly and easily.
However, it loses out due to the lack of features available on the free plan — even relatively standard features like the stock library are vastly restricted in this tier.
Who is WeVideo for?
WeVideo is a higher-end video editing platform that teachers and educators will find particularly convenient thanks to its specialized collection of school and assignment-related templates. There’s everything from slide shows, video book report templates to newsletters for parents.
WeVideo Key Features
- Collection of unique templates, especially for teachers and educators
- Drag-and-drop interface for quick and easy video editing
- Multi-track editing support
- Advanced features like Green Screen (available in paid tiers)
- User-friendly interface with a moderate learning curve
- Access to a vast template library and over 1 million pieces of stock media to choose from
- Online video editor, no downloading necessary and faster processing time
- In-built cloud storage
- Multi-track editing enables you to create more elaborate edits, layering soundscapes, or a picture-in-picture effect
- Has an Android and iOS app for editing on the go
- The user interface is more cluttered than other drag and drop apps with templates like InVideo and may feel overwhelming for beginners.
- The highly limited free plan (Maximum video resolution supported is 480p, you can only publish up to 5 minutes of content per month, simultaneous screen recording and webcam recording not available)
WeVideo pricing (Billed annually)
For independent creators/businesses (billed monthly):
- Power subscription: $9.99/month
- Unlimited subscription: $15.99/month
- Professional subscription: $39.99/month
- Business subscription: $73.19/month
- Teacher: $89/year
- Classroom: $299/year
Let’s do a side-by-side comparison of the features of Prezi and WeVideo.
Renderforest promises broadcast-quality video in no time thanks to its simple interface and a huge selection of templates and presets featuring high-quality graphics and animation. Users have also praised its lightning-fast customer service.
Combined with its in-built wizard, this editor has virtually no learning curve. It’s also a one-stop-shop for branding your business, as it contains a logo, graphics, and website maker.
Overall, it’s an excellent tool for basic edits like cutting, trimming, adding music and voiceover, etc. But, if you’re looking for an advanced video editor, this may not be for you.
Who is Renderforest for?
Renderforest is ideal for entrepreneurs and small to medium businesses creating thumb-stopping content for their social platforms. Their video templates and presets are particularly good for promotional videos, presentations, explainer videos, etc.
Renderforest Key Features
- Large and customizable library of presets, templates, and toolkits that makes it super easy to find what you need
- Access to stock footage with a high intuitive video editor
- Publish directly on Facebook, Twitter, or YouTube right from the platform
- Dedicated Android and iOS app for video creation on the go
- Extremely intuitive user interface that’s simple enough to navigate for newbie video editors
- An in-built wizard that offers even more suggestions based on your content
- It syncs your video content to audio for music videos in a flash
- Offers a commercially licensed music library to use for your projects
- Modern and high-quality video library featuring over 300+ video templates, organized by theme and social media platform
- Flexible subscription plans
- Inconvenient in-built video preview option, which requires you to wait for the video to render to be able to see new changes and edits
- Import may reduce the original quality of your videos/images.
- The processing and rendering time on videos may test your patience a bit and delay your production-to-publish time, especially if you’re in a time-crunch
- Doesn’t allow you to play a specific part of your video to check edits, instead requires you to play the entire video.
- Only 300 MB of storage with the free plan
- Limited motion design and typography options
- Certain templates are not fully customizable, with restrictions on the number of images, character count, font, and text size.
- Doesn't offer team collaboration tools
Renderforest Pricing (Monthly)
- Lite: $12.99/month
- Amateur: $25.99/month
- Pro: $49.99/month
Let’s do a side-by-side comparison of the features of Prezi and Renderforest.
Promo is an online video editor geared more towards professional marketing videos, video ads, and promotional videos for businesses. Its partners include Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook Marketing, so you can trust that it is expert-approved.
Promo’s selection of promotional video templates is also extremely unique compared to its competitors, even the ones available in the free version. Thanks to its super intuitive interface, it is also another excellent option for those new to video editing.
Who is Promo for?
This Prezi alternative is best suited for small businesses, creators, or entrepreneurs who want to create engaging promotional videos and ads for their social media channels.
Promo Key Features
- Customizable video templates with basic video editing tools like resizing, adding music, media, and text.
- Large stock media and music library
- Drag-and-drop editing with the most straightforward interface
- Ability to add a brand kit with designs so you can customize your videos in one click
- Customization of scenes from different templates
- Wide range of unique animated text styles
- Minimal learning curve
- Huge font library
- Access to over 23M premium video clips (only in the paid plan.)
- Allows branding customization
- Diverse marketing-focused templates
- Allows you to publish directly to Facebook and Instagram through their in-built social media calendar
- Offers integrations with marketing tools like Hubspot and Shopify
- Supports content in over 14 languages
- Mobile app for Android and iOS
- No free plan, only a free trial is offered.
- Limited tools for advanced editing
- Focus on promotional videos means that it may not be a good fit for other video types such as vlogs, explainer videos, or YouTube videos.
- Business: $59/month & $348/year
- Agency: $199/month & $1188/year
Let’s do a side-by-side comparison of the features of Prezi and Promo.
If you want to create eye-catching branding and marketing videos for social media that prioritize design, Offeo is the online video editor for you.
The interface and functioning for Offeo is quite similar to that of InVideo’s and it is similar in function as well, offering a vast library of assets, stock footage and animated graphic elements.
Who is Offeo for?
With its focus on promotional content, it’s made for social media marketers, designers, content creators, and small marketing agencies struggling to create thumb-stopping ads, promo videos, and more for their social media feeds.
Offeo Key Features
- Contains over 100+ video and image templates for vibrant social media posts and thumbnails
- Intuitive video editing interface and easy navigation
- Emphasis on branded videos like promotional videos, video ads, intro videos, etc.
- Well-stocked audio, video, and stock-footage library
- Extremely user-friendly interface
- Allows you to create a custom branded template/style guide for consistent and on-brand videos
- Cloud-based editor, so you don’t have to download any software
- Highly customizable templates
- One-click animation feature
- High-quality design and a wide variety of animated graphic assets makes the final product feel modern, snappy, and optimized for today’s audience.
- Only offers a limited free trial.
- Known for slow uploading speeds, occasional glitches, and lags in the preview window
- Customer support is slow to respond to user queries and issues.
- No mobile app
- Monthly Plan: $19/month
- Yearly Plan: $149/year
- 4.7/5 (Capterra)
- Offeo does not have a G2 Rating
Let’s do a side-by-side comparison of the features of Prezi and Offeo.
A part of the Adobe Spark creative suite, Adobe Spark Video is a wonderful alternative to Prezi thanks to its intuitive interface, a huge selection of fully customizable templates, a large font library, and its sharing and collaboration tools.
While it is not the most advanced editor on the list, the platform was designed for everyday storytelling, so it covers the needs of both marketers and the average user.
Who is Adobe Spark for?
It is best for creating short videos — think bite-sized Instagram videos or Story ads. Thanks to the intuitive interface, even beginners and newbie video creators can experiment and create eye-catching visuals.
Adobe Spark Key Features
- Seamless content syncing across mobile and desktop to optimize your workflow.
- Hundreds of customizable templates across both brand marketing and personal projects.
- Intuitive video editing interface and easy navigation.
Adobe Spark Pros
- Projects sync seamlessly across desktop and mobile, saving time and space on exports.
- Enables the user to create their own media library for a repository of creatives to use when you’re short on time.
- Wide range of storytelling-driven customizable templates.
- A vast collection of royalty-free templates, photos, images, fonts, icons, and other assets.
- A dedicated mobile app that allows you to create content easily on your phone.
- Templates and designs made by the user community ensure your projects look modern and stand out from the competition.
Adobe Spark Cons
- Pricing is a bit on the higher side.
- Adobe Spark Video app is only available on iOS.
- Branded presets and templates are not available in the Starter plan.
- Mostly has templates for shorter bite-sized videos, so it may not be the best platform for long-form videos like for YouTube and IGTV.
- Text placement and music library are pretty limited.
Adobe Spark Pricing
- Adobe Spark Individual: $9.99/month & $99.99/year
- Adobe Spark Team: $19.99/month & $239.88/year
Adobe Spark Video Rating
Let’s do a side-by-side comparison of the features of Prezi and Adobe Spark.
Biteable is one of the simplest, most intuitive video makers online and is most popularly used to create animated slideshows, explainer videos, and motion graphics.
However, most of the templates that Biteable offers are in the animation and motion graphics space, so if you're looking to create a non-animated promotional video, YouTube video, or an Instagram reel, it might not be the best fit.
But even so, its non-cookie-cutter collection of stock assets, animated graphics, and templates make it stand out compared to other editors.The customization falls short in some ways, but that’s compensated with how easy it is to use, especially if you’ve never edited a video before.
Who is Biteable for?
Biteable’s diverse collection of easy-to-use templates makes it perfect for businesses, marketers, agencies, and the average video editing enthusiast working on a short project. If your project relies heavily on animation or motion graphics, in particular, Biteable will be a great fit for you.
Their templates span everything from product launches and infographics to video wedding invites.
Biteable Key Features
- Hundreds of unique templates for both personal and professional use
- Drag-and-drop interface for quick and easy video editing
- Import your clips, photos, audio and enhance it with Biteable’s quirky assets and animated graphics
- A clean, minimal user interface which is super easy to navigate for beginners
- Unlimited exports
- Hundreds of ready-made animations, 1000+ templates, and 1.8M+ stock images and videos, including live-action, animated, and claymation (a form of stop-motion animation)
- A vast library of fonts
- The free version does not support 1080p resolution.
- Stock music and transitions library is quite limited.
- Some aspects of customization can get cumbersome e.g. text elements are all grouped and cannot be resized separately.
- Shared editing and projects only available in the highest-tier paid plan (Ultimate.)
- Does not support multiple audio tracks.
- Pricing is on the higher side, especially in comparison to the limited features on offer.
- 1080p resolution not supported on the free plan.
- The collaboration feature is only available with the highest-tier paid plan.
- Ultimate (professionals): $588/year
- Team: $2,500/year
Let’s do a side-by-side comparison of the features of Prezi and Biteable.
While Prezi is a great platform for marketers and educators to create exceptional slideshows and presentations, it doesn’t offer much for professional editors who want more flexibility and control over the editing process. Switching to other cloud-based alternatives such as InVideo can solve this problem to a huge extent.
If you want to dive deeper into what makes a good online video editor in 2021 and why InVideo fits the bill, check out this video where we do a detailed walkthrough of all InVideo features and what they enable you to do.
Let’s look at a side-by-side comparison of the different video editors so that you can get an overview of which one fits your needs the best: