One of the easiest ways to boost your brand’s organic reach is to create content around social media holidays — special days throughout the year that resonate with people, making them more likely to engage.
But what are social media holidays and which ones should your business be targeting? Well, some are a result of organic festivals and special occasions such as Christmas and Independence Day, while others are a direct result of marketing campaigns, such as hot sauce day or world Nutella day. The ones you target should depend on your niche as well as your audience’s behavior.
To help you figure this out, we’ve gone ahead and done the legwork to put together a month-wise list of social media holidays that you can look up and bookmark to ensure you don’t miss important calendar days. Here’s the index for quick navigation.
And if you stick around till the end we also share 5 tips for great social media holiday posts to help you plan your social media calendar!
Note: We have listed hashtags relevant to the different social media holidays in this article. Be sure to use these when planning and creating your own social media posts.
Check out the January calendar list here:
- January 1: New Year's Day
- January 1: Start of International Creativity Month #creativitymonth
- January 10: Houseplant Appreciation Day #houseplantappreciation
- January 11: Human Trafficking Awareness Day #HumanTraffickingDay
- January 11: Clean Off Your Desk Day #CleanOffYourDeskDay or #cleanoffyourdesk
- January 18: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (Third Monday of January) #MLKDay
Check out this video you can customize and edit to create your own social media post sharing lesser-known facts about Martin Luther King Jr.
- January 20: Cheese Lovers Day #CheeseLoversDay or #cheeselovers
- January 20: Get to Know Your Customers Day (third Thursday of every quarter) #GetToKnowYourCustomersDay
- January 21: National Hugging Day #NationalHuggingDay or #nationalhugday
- January 23: National Pie Day #nationalpieday
- January 28: Data Privacy Day #PrivacyAware or #dataprivacyday
Promote deep discounts on anti-virus software and other data privacy-related products with this simple-to-edit video template along with the importance of using the same.
- January 28: National Fun At Work Day #nationalfunatworkday
Check out the list of February holidays that you can work with here.
- February 1 - 28: Black History Month
Share information about Black History Month and why it's celebrated with your viewers using this easy to edit video:
- February 1: National Freedom Day #nationalfreedomday
- February 2: Groundhog Day #GroundhogDay or #groundhogday
- February 2: World Wetlands Day #WorldWetlandsDay
- February 3: Golden Retriever's Day #goldenretrieverday
Share what it’s like to be a pet parent (a golden retriever parent really) with this cute, fun, and easy to edit video template.
- February 4: World Cancer Day #WorldCancerDay
- February 5: World Nutella Day #nutelladay
- February 7: National Send a Card to a Friend Day #SendACardToAFriendDay
- February 8: National Boy Scouts Day #BoyScoutsDay
- February 9: National Pizza Pie Day #NationalPizzaDay or #nationalpizzaday
Share your favorite pizza recipes, ingredients, and hacks to make pizza in five simple steps defined in this delicious template.
- February 11: Inventors Day #InventorsDay
- February 11: National Make A Friend Day #nationalmakeafriendday
- February 12: Chinese New Year #chinesenewyear
- February 13: World Radio Day #WorldRadioDay
- February 13: Super Bowl LV (Varies each year based on the U.S. Football season) #SBLV #SuperBowlSunday #SuperBowl or #superbowllv
- February 14: Valentine's Day #ValentinesDay or #valentinesday
Make love the theme of your Valentine’s Day promotions by customizing and editing this charming template and promoting the beautiful jewelry (or other products) at your online store.
- February 15: Lantern Festival #lanternfestival
- February 17: Random Acts of Kindness Day #RandomActsOfKindnessDay
- February 18: National Drink Wine Day #nationaldrinkwineday
- February 20: World Day of Social Justice #SocialJusticeDay
- February 20: Love Your Pet Day #LoveYourPetDay or #loveyourpet
- February 21: International Mother Language Day #IMLD
- February 22: National Margarita Day #nationalmargaritaday
- February 27: World NGO Day #worldngoday
Share information about your NGO or the causes that your brand supports through NGOs by editing and customizing this powerful template describing the vision and mission of notable NGOs.
Create your own March social media holiday calendar with this list of days.
- March 1: Mardi Gras #MardiGras or #mardigras
- March 1: First day of Women’s History Month #womenshistorymonth
- March 1: St. David’s Day #stdavidsday
- March 1: National Pancake Day #nationalpancakeday
Drizzle some drama to your pancake offerings and products by editing and customizing this unique pancake listicle to reflect your brand personality.
- March 2: Read Across America Day #readacrossamerica
- March 3: World Wildlife Day #WorldWildlifeDay or #worldwildlifeday
- March 5: National Employee Appreciation Day (First Friday of March) #EmployeeAppreciationDay
- March 5: World Book Day #worldbookday
Share book lists, reviews, and recommendations using this precise videos template on World Book Day.
- March 6: National Dentist's Day #DentistsDay
- March 7: National Be Heard Day #NationalBeHeardDay
- March 7: National Cereal Day #NationalCerealDay
- March 8: International Women's Day #BeBoldForChange or #womensday
Share real stories of the outstanding women in your team, running your brand, etc. by customizing and editing this boss lady video template.
- March 8: National Proofreading Day #NationalProofreadingDay
- March 10: National Pack Your Lunch Day #NationalPackYourLunchDay
- March 11: Popcorn Lover's Day #PopcornLoversDay
- March 12: National Girl Scout Day #GirlScoutDay
- March 14: Potato Chip Day #NationalPotatoChipDay
- March 14: Pi Day #PiDay
- March 15: World Consumer Rights Day #WorldConsumerRightsDay
Position your brand as a consumer-first business by sharing a special message related to consumer rights on this day. Create your own unique consumer rights awareness video by customizing this video template.
- March 16: World Social Work Day #worldsocialworkday
- March 17: St. Patrick's Day #StPatricksDay
- March 18: Awkward Moments Day #NationalAwkwardMomentsDay
- March 19: World Sleep Day #WorldSleepDay
- March 19: Red Nose Day #RedNoseDay
- March 20: International Day of Happiness #InternationalDayofHappiness
- March 21: World Poetry Day #WorldPoetryDay or #worldpoetryday
- March 21: International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination #RacialDiscriminationDay
- March 22: World Water Day #WorldWaterDay
- March 23: National Puppy Day
Share fur stories, cute cuddles, and warmth with special messages, discounts, and content on this day. Create your own woof-worthy video featuring products, hacks to take care of pets, or just sharing the love by editing this super-friendly template.
The role of doctors can never be well-stated. Take a moment to appreciate their presence in our lives on Doctor's Day with this special easy-to-edit template.
- March 30: National Take a Walk in the Park Day #NationalWalkInTheParkDay
- March 31: World Backup Day #WorldBackupDay
- March 31: Transgender Day of Visibility #TDOV
- March 31: Equal Pay Day #EqualPayDay
Find a list of social media holidays for April. Use this list, not just in 2023, but even in later years!
- April 1 - 30: National Stress Awareness Month
- April 1: April Fools Day #AprilFools or #aprilfools
- April 2: World Autism Awareness Day #WAAD
- April 3: Find a Rainbow Day #FindARainbowDay
- April 4: Hug a Newsperson Day #HugANewsperson
- April 5: World Health Day #LetsTalk
- April 12: International Day of Human Space Flight #InternationalDayOfHumanSpaceFlight
- April 15: American Sign Language (ASL) Day #aslday
- April 16: National Stress Awareness Day #StressAwarenessDay
- April 16: National Wear Your Pajamas to Work Day #PJDay
- April 17: Haiku Poetry Day #HaikuPoetryDay
- April 17: Easter Sunday #easter
Share special Easter offers and promotions with a quirky video on social media by editing this fun video.
Remind people of their little actions which go a long way in saving the Earth! Customize this video to reflect how your brand does its little bit to contribute to the environment.
- April 23: National Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day #COUNTONME or #countonme
- April 23: National Picnic Day #NationalPicnicDay
- April 23: World Book Day (USA) #WorldBookDay
- April 24: Denim Day #denimday
- April 25: World Malaria Day #EndMalariaForGood
- April 26: Arbor Day #ArborDay
- April 28: Superhero Day #superheroday
- April 29: International Dance Day #InternationalDanceDay or #internationaldanceday
Promote your dance class or invite people to a special dance workshop with this energetic, vibrant ready-to-edit template.
Check out the list of upcoming holidays that can help you create a fun social media calendar in May.
Your community is always happy to interact with fun recommendation lists. Tickle their funny bone with the best recommendations in the funny space or in a funny way, by editing this video template to match.
- May 3: World Press Freedom Day #WPFD2023 #PressFreedom or #worldpressfreedomday
- May 4: Star Wars Day #StarWarsDay & #Maythe4thBeWithYou
- May 4: International Firefighters Day #InternationalFirefightersDay
- May 4: World Asthma Day #WorldAsthmaDay
- May 4: Thank a Teacher Day #ThankATeacher
- May 5: Cinco de Mayo #CincoDeMayo
- May 5: Hand Hygiene Day #handhygiene
- May 6: National Nurses Day #NursesDay
- May 7: World Password Day #WorldPasswordDay
- May 7: International Astronomy Day #SpaceDay
Customize and use this video template to connect with the young audience. Sate their curiosity about the twinkling stars or share a few facts that'll leave them spellbound.
Create and share your own emotional and heart-touching Mother’s Day gift ideas video by editing this warm template.
- May 12: National Limerick Day #NationalLimerickDay
- May 12: National Receptionist Day #NationalReceptionistDay
- May 15: International Day of Families #FamilyDay
- May 15: Endangered Species Day #endangeredspeciesday
- May 16: Love a Tree Day #LoveATreeDay
- May 17: International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia #IDAHOT2023
- May 17: World Telecommunications Day #worldtelecommunicationday
- May 18: International Museum Day #internationalmuseumday or #historyofart
- May 26: World Lindy Hop Day #lindyhop
- May 27: Heat Awareness Day (Last Friday of May) #NoFryDay
- May 28: Hamburger Day #NationalHamburgerDay
- May 28: Menstrual Hygiene Day #menstrualhygiene
- May 29: Paperclip Day #PaperclipDay
- May 30: Memorial Day (Fourth Monday of May) #MemorialDay #MDW
- May 31: World No-Tobacco Day #NoTobacco
Saying and doing are two separate things. Push people to fight the tobacco menace while guiding them to helpful resources by customizing this simple but profound video.
Check out the June 2023 social media holiday calendar down below:
- June 1: Global Day of Parents #GlobalDayOfParents
- June 1: First Day of Pride Month #pridemonth
- June 1: Start of LGBT History Month #lgbthistorymonth
- June 1: First Day of Mental Health Month #mentalhealthmonth
- June 1: World Milk Day #worldmilkday
- June 3: National Donut Day #NationalDonutDay
- June 3: World Bicycle Day #worldbicycleday
- June 4: Hug Your Cat Day #hugyourcatday
- June 5: World Environment Day #WorldEnvironmentDay
Guide people with the first few steps to being an environment conscious citizen. Edit and customize this green video to share awareness this World Environment Day, especially if you are a local or small business wanting to encourage your community to buy homegrown, fresh, and locally.
- June 6: National Cancer Survivors’ Day #NCSD2023
- June 6: Higher Education Day #HigherEducationDay
- June 7: National Chocolate Ice-Cream Day #chocolateicecream
- June 8: World Oceans Day #WorldOceansDay
- June 8: Best Friends Day #BestFriendsDay
Add a side of the hilarious to your social media conversations by bringing friendship vibes along this Best Friends Day. Keep those cash registers ringing with a customized promotion video full of the spirit of friendship.
- June 12: Superman Day #supermanday
- June 13: International Children’s Day #ChildrensDay
- June 13: World Gin Day #worldginday
- June 14: World Blood Donor Day #GiveBlood
- June 14: National Flag Day #FlagDay
- June 19: Father’s Day #fathersday or #FathersDay
Show your audience your top 6 favorite dads from pop culture as a conversation starter with this trippy ready-to-edit Father’s Day video template.
- June 19: Garfield The Cat Day #garfieldthecatday
- June 20: World Refugee Day #WithRefugees
- June 21: National Selfie Day #NationalSelfieDay
- June 21: World Music Day #WorldMusicDay
- June 21: International Yoga Day #internationalyogaday or #InternationalYogaDay
Create awareness about the right Yoga style by helping your community pick the yoga which suits their body. Make the choice easier for beginners with this easy-to-edit template.
- June 24: National Handshake Day #HandshakeDay
- June 25: Take Your Dog to Work Day #TakeYourDogToWorkDay
- June 27: National Sunglasses Day #NationalSunglassesDay
- June 29: Camera Day #cameraday
- June 30: World Social Media Day #SMDay
Check out the list of marketing holidays in July to populate your social media calendar in 2023.
- July 1: National Postal Worker Day #NationalPostalWorkerDay
- July 1: International Reggae Day #internationalreggaeday
- July 2: World UFO Day #WorldUFODay
- July 4: Independence Day (United States) #4thjuly or #independenceday
- July 7: World Chocolate Day #WorldChocolateDay
Make dreams come true as you show off everyone’s favorite treats this World Chocolate Day! Get more footfall to your event with this easy-to-edit and customizable video.
Applaud Mala’s bold spirit and inspire your community to follow her lead on Malala Day! Enlighten your audience with this easy-to-edit video template.
- July 13: French Fries Day #frenchfriesday
- July 15: Give Something Away Day #GiveSomethingAwayDay
- July 15: Get to Know Your Customers Day #GetToKnowYourCustomersDay
- July 16: World Snake Day #worldsnakeday
- July 17: World Emoji Day #WorldEmojiDay
- July 17: World Ice Cream Day #icecreamday
- July 18: Nelson Mandela International Day #MandelaDay
- July 20: International Chess Day #internationalchessday
- July 22: Mango Day #mangoday
- July 24: Pioneer Day #pioneerday
- July 27: Scotch Whiskey Day #scotchwhiskey
- July 28: World Hepatitis Day #hepatitisday
- July 29: International Tiger Day #internationaltigerday
- July 30: Cheesecake Day #cheesecake
Make your sale numbers shoot up with this video template and give your customers’ taste buds the indulgence they deserve this Cheesecake Day.
- July 30: International Day of Friendship #DayOfFriendship
Check out this list of upcoming holidays in August for your social media calendar in 2023.
- August 1: Respect for Parents Day #RespectForParentsDay
- August 2: National Coloring Book Day #NationalColoringBookDay
- August 3: National Watermelon Day #watermelonday
- August 5: International Beer Day #internationalbeerday
Give your audience the tools to show off their beer knowledge with this easy-to-customize video!
Cat listicles have got to be fun right? Tap your humor vein & bring out the craziest cat facts in this fun template on International Cat Day. After all, it’s about taming the cat (*cough* dragon *cough*) right?
- August 9: National Book Lovers Day #NationalBookLoversDay
- August 10: Vlogging Day #vloggingday
- August 10: World Lion Day #worldlionday
- August 10: National Lazy Day #LazyDay
- August 11: National Sons and Daughters Day #SonsAndDaughtersDay
- August 12: International Youth Day #YouthDay
- August 12: World Elephant Day #WorldElephantDay
- August 13: International Lefthanders Day #LefthandersDay
- August 15: National Relaxation Day #NationalRelaxationDay
- August 19: World Photo Day #WorldPhotoDay
- August 19: World Humanitarian Day #WorldHumanitarianDay
- August 20: National Lemonade Day #NationalLemonadeDay
- August 26: International Dog Day #NationalDogDay
Boast your expertise and pet care skills with this adorable promo template and get your viewers to trust you right away with their fur babies!
Check out this list of social media holidays in September to create a fun social media holiday calendar in 2023.
- September 1: World Coconut Day #coconutday
- September 1: Start of The National Hispanic Heritage Month #hispanicheritagemonth
- September 3: Skyscraper Day #skyscraperday
- September 4: National Wildlife Day #NationalWildlifeDay
- September 5: International Day of Charity #CharityDay
- September 5: Labor Day #LaborDay
Share a short and sweet Labor Day wish with your co-workers with this simple template for a great and relaxing Labor Day.
- September 6: Read a Book Day #ReadABookDay
- September 8: International Literacy Day #LiteracyDay
- September 10: Stand Up To Cancer Day #KissCancerGoodbye
- September 10: World Suicide Prevention Day #suicidepreventionday
- September 11: National Day of Service and Remembrance #911Day
- September 12: National Video Games Day #nationalvideogamesday
- September 12: Civic Day of Hacking #HackForChange
- September 12: National Grandparents Day #NationalGrandparentsDay
- September 12: National Day of Encouragement #DayOfEncouragement
- September 12: National Video Games Day #NationalVideoGamesDay
- September 15: International Day of Democracy #internationaldayofdemocracy
Remind people about the importance of democracy with this simple template which can be used for a strong quote by renowned thinkers.
- September 16: World Ozone Day #worldozoneday
- September 19: Talk Like a Pirate Day #TalkLikeAPirateDay
- September 21: International Day of Peace #PeaceDay
- September 21: World Alzheimer’s Day #alzheimersday
- September 21: World Gratitude Day #gratitudeday
- September 22: Car-Free Day #CarFreeDay
- September 22: Hobbit Day #HobbitDay
- September 23: National Fitness Day #nationalfitnessday
- September 26: National Pancake Day #NationalPancakeDay
- September 26: European Day of Languages #EDL2023
- September 27: World Tourism Day #WTD2023
Share some travel inspiration with this ready-to-edit video template!
- September 28: World Rabies Day #WorldRabiesDay
- September 28: National Good Neighbor Day #GoodNeighborDay
- September 29: National Women’s Health and Fitness Day #FitnessDay
- September 29: World Heart Day #worldheartday
- September 30: International Podcast Day #InternationalPodcastDay
Announce a new podcast, add flair to your existing podcast series, or introduce special guests to your show with this futuristic ready-to-customize introduction video template!
Check out the list of October social media holidays to add to your social calendar this year.
This International coffee day, wish your users with this artistic template!
- October 1: World Vegetarian Day #WorldVegetarianDay
- October 2: International Day of Nonviolence #InternationalDayOfNonviolence
- October 3: National Techies Day #TechiesDay
- October 4: World Animal Day #WorldAnimalDay
- October 4: National Taco Day #NationalTacoDay
- October 4: World Habitat Day #WorldHabitatDay
- October 5: World Teachers Day #WorldTeachersDay
- October 7: World Smile Day #WorldSmileDay
- October 9: World Post Day #worldpostday
- October 10: World Mental Health Day #WorldMentalHeathDay
Use this template to tell someone who needs it that you're proud of them. Show solidarity and unconditional support to those suffering from mental health issues through this ready-to-edit video template. Sometimes, that's all that someone needs.
- October 11: International Day of the Girl Child #DayOfTheGirl
- October 13: International Day for Disaster Reduction #disasterreduction
- October 14: World Sight Day #WorldSightDay
- October 14: National Dessert Day #DessertDay
- October 15: Global Handwashing Day #GlobalHandwashingDay
- October 15: International Day of Rural Women #ruralwomen
- October 16: World Food Day #FoodDay
- October 16: Bosses Day #BossesDay
Start a conversation on the love and hate relationships that employees have with their bosses on your social media channels. Make an interactive video with this ready-to-edit template inviting your community to share their bossy stories!
- October 17: International Day for the Eradication of Poverty #EndPoverty
- October 20: World Statistics Day #StatisticsDay
- October 21: Reptile Awareness Day #ReptileAwarenessDay
- October 24: United Nations Day #UNDay
- October 25: Greasy Foods Day #GreasyFoodsDay
- October 26: National Pumpkin Day #nationalpumpkinday
- October 30: Checklist Day #ChecklistDay
- October 31: World Cities Day #worldcitiesday
- October 31: Halloween #Halloween or #halloween
Send a super cool invite for a Halloween event, promotion, sale, or discount to your network and community with this spooky Halloween-themed video template.
Pro Tip: Looking for video ideas to make your Halloween social media and digital strategy unique? Check out this list of spooktacular video ideas to help you along.
Check out the November social media holidays list below.
- November 1: World Vegan Day #WorldVeganDay
- November 1: National Authors Day #NationalAuthorsDay
- November 1: First Day of Movember #movember
- November 1: National Cook For Your Pets Day #CookForYourPetsDay
- November 3: National Sandwich Day #NationalSandwichDay
Advertise your scrumptious sandwiches with a plus one in this modern and simple template while getting more orders from hungry customers.
- November 4: National Candy Day #NationalCandyDay
- November 4: World Tsunami Awareness Day #tsunamiawareness
- November 8: National Cappuccino Day #CappuccinoDay
- November 8: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Medicine (STEM) Day #STEMDay
- November 11: Veterans Day #VeteransDay
- November 13: World Kindness Day #WKD
Move your audience with heartwarming stories of kindness or start a conversation on World Kindness Day with this beautiful ready-to-edit template.
- November 14: World Diabetes Day #WDD
- November 15: Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day #CleanOutYourRefrigeratorDay
- November 15: America Recycles Day #BeRecycled
- November 16: International Day for Tolerance #ToleranceDay
- November 16: National Entrepreneurs Day #EntrepreneursDay
- November 17: International Students Day #InternationalStudentsDay
- November 19: International Men’s Day #InternationalMensDay
- November 19: World Toilet Day #worldtoiletday
- November 20: Universal Children’s Day #UNChildrensDay
- November 21: World Hello Day #WorldHelloDay
- November 21: World Television Day #televisionday
- November 24: Thanksgiving Day #Thanksgiving
Give the quickest thanksgiving recipes in this simple-to-edit template for a delicious Thanksgiving celebration.
- November 25: Black Friday #blackfriday
Grab your viewer's attention with this easy to use template for the best discounts this Black Friday put together for a dynamic logo reveal.
- November 26: National Cake Day #NationalCakeDay
- November 26: National Day of Listening #DayOfListening
- November 27: Small Business Saturday (The last Saturday of November) #ShopSmall
- November 28: Cyber Monday #cybermonday
Show the products hotlisted for the Cyber Monday electronics sale with this perfect template.
Check out this list of December social media holidays for your 2023 content calendar.
- December 1: World AIDS Day #WAD2023
Gripping and informative, this AIDS Day listicle template is the best way to inform people about the disease and keep them alert.
- December 3: International Day of Persons with Disabilities #IDPWD
- December 4: National Cookie Day #NationalCookieDay
- December 5: World Soil Day #WorldSoilDay
- December 6: Microwave Oven Day #MicrowaveOvenDay
- December 8: Pretend to Be a Time Traveler Day #PretendToBeATimeTravelerDay
- December 10: Human Rights Day #HumanRightsDay
Promote advocacy for human rights with this custom template. Personalize it completely to suit your cause.
- December 10: Nobel Prize Day #NobelPrize
- December 10: National Salesperson Day #SalespersonDay
- December 11: International Mountain Day #InternationalMountainDay
- December 15: International Tea Day #internationalteaday
- December 21: Crossword Puzzle Day #CrosswordPuzzleDay
- December 21: First Day of Winter #WinterSolstice
- December 25: Christmas #christmas
Let out the news of your grand Christmas offers with a template that is just as enchanting.
Now that you have a low down of various social media holidays you can use for your brand or business to drive traffic, let’s look at a few things you should keep in mind while creating these posts.
Creating posts around social media holidays should be a given for brands and businesses, but that doesn’t mean you cannot run into roadblocks. To help you avoid these pitfalls, we’ve created a list of pro tips that you should keep in mind while creating social media holiday posts:
Tip #1 - Plan your entire calendar at the start of the year
Go through the different social media holidays on this list and take one week in the beginning of the year to mark all relevant holidays for your brand or business so that you have a fair idea of which days you’ll need to create content around. Because not all days are going to be relevant for your brand.
Creating a calendar in advance is a great way to:
- Streamline your brand messaging
- Keep yourself prepared and ahead of the competition
- Collaborate with your team and organize operations
- Drive greater ROI from your marketing efforts
You can create a simple calendar using Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel and here’s a detailed guide on how you can create and leverage your social media calendar for the best results.
Tip #2 - Schedule your social media holiday posts in advance
There is nothing worse than running around on D-day trying to create content for a specific social media holiday, only to realise the buzz has already died down. With these days, the key is timing. You need to post early enough so that you can capitalize on the traction that starts building as the day starts progressing.
The best way to do this is to create and schedule these specific social media posts well in advance. This also ensures that you are not working non-stop on holidays and other special occasions. You can take the headache out of managing your posts by utilizing scheduling tools, like:
- Facebook Creator Studio: Free (Facebook & Instagram)
- Twitter Ads Manager: Free (Twitter)
- HubSpot: Paid subscription (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, & LinkedIn)
- Hootsuite: Paid subscription with free options (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and YouTube)
For the complete list of social media tools, check out this detailed blog.
Tip #3 - Give your social media accounts a holiday-themed makeover
Creating posts is only one part of the equation. To truly leverage social media holidays, a good idea is to make your entire social identity feel like the holiday that you’re leveraging for traction. You can do this by changing the profile picture, maybe the cover image, and the general look and feel of your recent posts to make it feel festive.
While you don’t need to do this for all your social media holiday posts, you can employ this method to be more relatable during the larger holidays like Halloween, Christmas, Easter, Independence Day, and other days. This allows your brand to remain up-to-date and current.
For instance, look at how Warner Brothers Studio lit up its logo for the festive season.
Surrounded by a pretty glass globe with falling snow within, the logo is nostalgic of warm cozy family gatherings and movie marathons, a staple during the Christmas holidays. Keep in mind though, that these changes are temporary, and it’s equally important to revert to your original identity once the season has passed.
Tip #4 - Share quirky and fun holiday-themed listicles
A simple and powerful engagement tool for social media, listicle videos can help you show off multiple aspects of your brand. You can share product information, discount and promotional details, or even brand philosophy using these videos. For instance, share this fun list of sandwiches with a personality using this delish, fun template, a perfect way to help your customer choose the sammie they're looking for on World Sandwich Day.
Educating and engaging your audience is easy with themed lists, which can be as simple as creating bucket lists for a given season, or as complicated as identifying the different origins of a certain tradition associated with a celebratory season or day. Facebook and Instagram can take this process one step further by allowing you to create interactive lists and quizzes in Facebook and Instagram stories, simultaneously sharing compelling content and encouraging engagement.
Pro Tip: Create stunning listicle videos super easily, without any professional expertise using InVideo’s listicle video templates.
Tip #5 - Utilize hashtags for all your social media posts
Hashtags are key to being discovered and going viral on social media. Hashtags are also one of the easiest ways to find relevant and trending topics on the majority of social media platforms, and—with the right hashtag—your content will be sure to pop.
Hashtags are also a great tool to get your content to reach a wider audience. Be sure to choose relevant tags to see the most impact on your goals. Rather than using broad phrases like #christmas, try digging to find something that will match user expectations if they click through to your content. Often enough, there are holiday hashtags tailored to most industries that will help boost your social reach. For example, look at this Instagram post by Coca-Cola Canada. They use the #tastethefeeling as a part of their holiday social media campaign.
Pro Tip: We have listed hashtags relevant to the different social media holidays in this article. Be sure to use these when planning and creating your own social media posts.
Many hashtags represent a trend on social media. Make sure to check out trends for special days and use hashtags accordingly. In fact, you can also utilize trending hashtags of the month, season, etc on these special social media holidays to increase your reach. Check out these viral TikTok trends you can start out with.
Keep these holiday social media marketing tips in mind when spreading some cheer to your target audiences from Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, and beyond!
Now that you have the laundry list of social media holidays, it’s time to create your own social media calendar. You don’t need to celebrate every social media holiday out there, but you can certainly make use of these days to create fun, engaging, and viral content for your social media channels.
You may want to take a look at this guide to get started on a social media calendar in 2023 and if you prefer to learn via videos, check out InVideo’s YouTube channel to learn more video editing hacks and tricks!
And if you're looking to create gold-standard videos in minutes, sign up for InVideo today!