Speeding up or slowing down your video clips can be a simple yet effective video editing technique to make your content more engaging to watch. Earlier, this was only possible to do with advanced video editors, but nowadays, you can easily do this on your phone. And in this article we’ll cover the best iOS and Android apps that you can use to slow down or speed up your videos quickly and easily.
Here are the ones we’ll cover:
InVideo Filmr App is one of the best speed up video apps available on iOS and Android phones. It lets you adjust the video speed easily with a slider. InVideo Filmr App’s intuitive interface makes it perfect for beginner to advanced users. The best thing about this speed up video app is that it allows you to share videos directly to social media from the platform itself.
In addition to adjusting the speed of your clips, you get access to a robust editor, 100+ professional features, a great stock music library, and advanced editing controls. InVideo Filmr App is not just an app you can use to speed up videos on your iPhone or Android devices, but one that can be a one-stop solution for all your video editing needs.
- Adjust the speed of the video
- No limit on the number of photos and videos to import from the camera roll
- A wide range of collection of filters to choose from
- Unique transitions to add the cinematic effect to your videos
- Trim clips in seconds
- Easily split and cut the parts you want
- No watermark even in the free version
- Zero ads for uninterrupted editing
- Rotate, Flip, and Reverse the videos with one tap
- Search for any song or add music from your library
- Export directly to any social media app
- Reorder photos, videos, and audio clips with the drag-and-drop feature.
- A limited number of filters in the free version
- Currently, it doesn’t support multiple languages
Review: 4.5 out of 5 on App store and 3.2 out of 5 on Play store.
- Lifetime free version
- PRO version starts at less than $5 per week
6 best apps to speed up & slow down your videos on iPhone
iMovie is one of the best speed up video apps because not only is it easy to use, but it is optimized for iOS and it comes with all basic editing features to help you create cinematic videos in minutes. You can increase and decrease the video speed as per your needs without any issues.
You also get access to select templates and pre-set storyboards to optimize your videos. The best part is that it is completely free to use and this app is robust enough to allow you to create longer videos for your YouTube channel.
- Optimize the speed of the videos in different parts.
- Import ProRes videos and ProRaw pictures into the edit.
- Royalty-free music from its online library
- It's free so you can access all the features
- Premade storyboard templates to help you get started with the editing
- Best for non-trained users looking for classy editing features
- The app size is 618.3 MB, and it's bulky for older iPhones and those with less RAM.
- Cannot share videos on social media
- Limited collection of royalty-free music
Review: 3.9 out of 5
Price: iMovie is free to download on iOS devices.
Slow Fast Motion video editor is one of the easiest apps to speed up videos or slow them down. It is a free to use app that is perfect for you if you want to simply adjust the speed of your video and you can export your videos without any watermark.
The best part—it supports both portrait and landscape operation on iPhone and iPad. You can also correct your audio pitch, and there are no restrictions on video length.
- Easily adjust the video speed
- Corrects the audio pitch
- Saves the video at full resolution
- Operate it on portrait or landscape resolution
- Get access to the filter and music library with the premium version
- Export the files without any watermark
- Unrestricted video length
- Major bugs every now and then
- Cannot access the music library in the free version
- The interface of this app is difficult to understand
- Cannot share the video directly to any social media
- Limited editing features in the free version
Review: 4.7 out of 5.
Price: It has a free version, and the paid plans begin at $4.99 a month and $14.99 per year with a three-day free trial.
Editing videos can be time-consuming when the app is loaded with complicated features. But Video speed changer and maker is a straightforward speed up video app for iPhone. You can speed up your video within seconds with this app. It also comes with basic editing features that can help you create engaging videos for your social media in minutes.
- Adjust the video speed for the whole video or specific section you wish to highlight
- Cut and trim any part of the video to edit
- Save and share videos on social media
- Perfect for beginners wishing for a simple editor
- Minimalistic features
- Works in both iPad and iPhone
- Free without any in-app purchases
- No advanced features such as adding music, transitions etc.
- Tracks location data which is an intrusion
- Lack of quality after exporting video
- App has bugs every now and then
Review: 4.5 out of 5
Price: This is a free app
Looking for a speed-up video app that lets you shoot video at different speeds on-the-fly? Flow Speed control is a video editor which lets you shoot video and perfect it simultaneously with time remapping options. It also has a handy extension to edit videos directly from the Photos app, making it an easy app to speed up video on iPhone.
- Control the speed feasibly with advanced features
- Create projects with one or multiple videos and customize each clip with a different setting
- Trim, cut, and rotate your videos easily
- Export your videos in 4K
- Edit professional slow-motion video recorded up to 1000fps
- A comprehensive suite of tools and features
- Exports the video in the highest quality
- Let’s you shoot the video at a different speed
- Publish directly to your social media
- The interface is complicated for any beginner to intermediate user
- Doesn’t have the free version to test
- Absence of prompt support from their end
Review: 4.6 out of 5
Price: Plans start at $9.99 per month
SloPro is a speed up video app featured by the likes of Gizmodo, MacWorld, Redmond Pie, and Cult of Mac, and rightly so. Besides allowing you to speed up your videos, it also offers three different slow motion options — ghosting, optical flow, and frame blending.
Of course it comes with a robust editor and a ton of editing features. On top of that it is free to use but offers in-app purchases. With SloPro, you can also edit videos while shooting them, making it convenient for advanced users.
- Shift video speed from slow to fast promptly
- Three slow-motion modes— ghosting, optical flow, and frame blending
- Robust GPU rendering quality, 8 times faster as compared to the desktop version
- Record in slow motion setting and adjust it in already recorded videos
- Quickly edit and render all effects during editing
- Easily switch between a slow and fast mode in the video
- Tons of features to play with
- Not suitable for beginners
- The watermark stays on the middle of the screen
- Sloppy app interface
- Only compatible with iPhones over the iOS 9.0 version
- No option to share on social media
Review: 3.3 out of 5
Price: Free with in-app purchases
Pro-Tip: With InVideo Filmr App you can easily share on social media, and you can export without watermarks, even in the free version.
TiltShift is a speed-up video app that gives you several video speed options. In addition to that it also gives you a lot of editing control over your videos, allowing you to create cinematic edits right on your phone. The interface is easy-to-use, making it great for both beginner and advanced users. You can even save your favorite settings and use them as filters for any video.
- Change the speed of your videos.
- Easily adjust your video contrast, saturation, brightness, and vignetting to get the desired results
- Export your videos in full HD, or you can choose between other export presets
- With an app size of 19.1 MB, it’s relatively light
- Beginner-friendly interface
- Create favorite presets to apply them as a filter
- No freemium version to test
- Can operate it only horizontally which can be uncomfortable
- No royalty-free music library
Review: 3.1 out of 5
Price: Plans start at $3.99 per month
Now, let’s look at the best apps to speed up your videos on Android.
5 best apps to speed up & slow down your videos on Android
VivaVideo is a free speed-up video app for Android that allows you to increase the speed of your videos up to 10x and is super easy to navigate. It comes with a dynamic interface and a host of features, allowing you to create professional-looking video stories in a few taps. You can also add multiple clips and songs to give your videos a professional touch.
- Adjust the video speed from 0.1 to 10x.
- Crop and rotate the video
- Cut, merge, split, copy, paste and delete video clips
- A vast collection of music and stickers
- An up-to-date music library
- Add voice-over to the video or record your voice.
- Best fit for short clips for social media
- Simple interface and easy to use even for amateurs
- Updated music library to choose royalty-free music
- Every new update has bugs, creating issues
- Countless ads in the free version make it difficult to focus
- With so many features, the app looks crowded, and it gets tough to manage more than one video or file
Review: 4.4 out of 5
Price: It has a free version. Paid plans start from $2.60 per month and $31.60 per year.
Pro-Tip: InVideo Filmr App provides an ad-free experience even in the free version.
FilmoraGo is a robust video speed editor for Android devices with multiple options for speeding up and slowing down your clips. It doesn’t leave a watermark even in the free version and is a great tool for both beginners and advanced users because of its ease of use. It helps you enhance your video with presets and filters and lets you share your videos directly from the app to your social media.
- Multiple options for adding fast and slow motions in the same video
- Lip sync to other sounds
- Supports multiple languages
- Create videos in multiple resolutions
- A huge royalty-free song library
- Import videos from social media sites like Facebook and Instagram
- Easy to use and lots of free features
- Export videos in high quality
- Lack of how-to-tutorials for presets and effects
- It can take some time for beginners to wrap their heads around all the features
Review: 4.5 out of 5
Price: Has a free version. Paid plans start from $6.99 per month and $32.99 per year.
Kinemaster is a great app to regulate video speed. You can speed your videos up to 16x and choose to mute your video to prevent audio distortion. It also has more than 2500 effects, transitions, filters, videos, and images. You can take advantage of unlimited exports in 4K resolutions with a premium subscription.
- Control the video speed feasibly upto 16x
- Multiple video layers with stickers, images, text, etc
- Add voice over, background music, and other sound effects
- Share it on your social media
- Add motion to the layers with keyframe animation
- Share videos directly to the social media
- The YouTube channel is filled with how-to tutorials
- Add audio, green screen, chroma key, and more
- Has a complicated interface making it challenging for newbies to get used to
- Operates only in horizontal mode
- Leaves a watermark stamp in the free version
Review: 4.2 out of 5
Price: Has a free version. Paid plans start from $4.99.
Lapse it is one of the best apps to speed up the video and slow it down without compromising video quality. You can import DSLR camera files directly to the app. It’s swift rendering engine creates stunning high-quality videos quickly.
You can control the time-lapse speed up to 240x millisecond and add music from its vast library.
- Create slow-motion videos easily
- Choose music directly from your device or pick royalty-free music divided by mood, genre, and category
- Powerful rendering engine gives faster app performance
- Share your video to social media platforms directly
- Straightforward speed up video app for Android
- A neat and simple interface makes it easy to navigate around the app
- Capture intervals from one second
- Free version allows low-resolution video quality
- Battery support and disk space are limited during shooting video
Review: 3.4 out of 5
Price: Free with in-app purchases starting at $0.99.
InShot is a popular video editing app and one of the best ones out there for speedin gup videos on android devices. You can adjust the video speed easily with a slider. Apart from the controlling video speed, you can trim, cut, and add text, stickers, music, transitions, and glitch effects. If you’re an amateur and looking for an app to speed up video with loads of features, InShot is the right choice.
- Create stunning slow motion and time lapse videos in seconds easily
- Create videos in multiple ratios according to the social media app you are sharing in
- Countless filters, transitions, fonts, and colorful backgrounds
- Lets you export in numerous video qualities— 480p, 720p, and 1080p.
- Adjust stickers, transitions, text, and according to the keyframes
- Change the video speed without any hassle
- Extremely convenient for beginners
- Resize videos as per your need
- Detailed color correction for videos
- A wide choice of fonts, music, stickers, and effects
- No, undo option to go to the previous edit version
- The free version has a lot of edits, making it tough to focus
Review: 4.8 out of 5
Price: Has a free version. Paid plans start from $3.99 per month.
Speeding up or slowing down your video clips can instantly help you make your videos more cinematic. And gone are the days when you could just do this on advanced editors. With this list of speed up video apps, you can create these effects quickly and easily on your phone itself. If you want to learn more about the best video editors for iOS and Android, check out this blog.
If you prefer learning via videos, you should definitely check out our YouTube channel, where we share daily video creation tips and tricks, the latest video trends and ideas, and help you make more money as a video creator.