We know for a fact that smartphones are very well equipped with cameras, so shooting quality videos is not a challenge anymore. But to enhance those very videos and make them stand out from the rest, we need powerful tools for post-production.
Whatever the use case is, quality video is our ultimate goal, and to achieve the same, we need the best video editor!
So today, we have consolidated a list of 10 best video editing apps of all time available on the Google Play Store. This post will give you all the relevant information that you need to know while choosing android video editors for your post-production edits. Be it features, reviews, price, pros & cons; we have everything at your disposal.
Without further ado, let’s start right away.
Company’s Claim: With the Quik app, you can create awesome videos with just a few taps.
Quik is a free video editor brought to you by the infamous GoPro.
The app allows you to create great videos with your photos and videos. You can add transitions and effects and sync everything to the beat of the music. It does most of the editing automatically; however, Quik also lets you customize fine details.
Review: Quik has gained overall 4.7/5 ratings based on the reviews from 1,254,942 users.
- Add up to 75 photos and video clips from your gallery, cloud storage, or GoPro Plus
- Works with motion photos as well
- GPS Stickers to show how fast you were moving
- AI-powered face, movement, and sound detection for the perfect frame. Manual correction is available
- 23+ themes for any occasion
- Record, trim or rotate videos, add text overlays, speed & slomo, etc
- Various dimensions – square, portrait, or cinema
- 100+ free songs for background or add your own
- HD 1080 export
- QuikStories – works with the GoPro App and makes excellent videos automatically with media shot within the last 72 hours.
- Handles 4k video, which is a great win over other apps
- Limited media upload available
- No watermark
- Great for basic editing features
- Absolutely free, no paid subscriptions required
- The highlight feature is one of the key selling points
- While making a video is fun and easy, downloading is an equal amount of pain. The app keeps crashing several times and fails to save/export the video
- Requires a bit of learning curve, not friendly for novice editors
- Keeps your project on cloud storage only for a limited time so you cannot go back and edit it whenever you want to
- The absence of the undo option makes it difficult to go back to what you had
- Very unsatisfactory customer support. Issues and bugs remain unsolved even after several reports by users
2. Alight Motion
Company’s Claim: Alight Motion is the first pro motion graphics app for your smartphone, bringing you professional-quality animation, motion graphics, visual effects, video editing, and video compositing.
The basic Alight Motion account is free to use, providing basic features and has a watermark on videos you create. The app supports bitmap and vector, which is something you do not easily find on mobile phones. There are several paid membership options in the app to get away with the watermark and access premium features.
Review: Alight Motion has gained overall 4.2/5 ratings based on the reviews from 35,490 users.
|Monthly Subscription||84 cents|
|Annual Subscription||$5 Paid Yearly, [42 cents per month]|
- Supports bitmap and allows you to edit vector
- Keyframe animation
- Velocity based motion blur
- Export ad MP4 or GIF
- Save your favorite elements for reuse
- Very friendly UI for beginners
- Good build-in transitions
- Nothing gets pixelated; you get good quality output from the editor
- Many tutorials and resources are available for learning
- A decent mobile alternative to Adobe After Effects
- Requires at least 1.5GB of RAM to be installed and run effectively
- Unpleasant and distracting watermark placement
- Lags and crashes quite often
- Unstable and glitchy app
Company’s Claim: A pretty powerful video editor application, which will not stamp a watermark or place a time limit on your clip.
FilmoraGo provides you with all the professional editing tools you need and makes it simple to use. It helps you create decent videos with a wide variety of effects. You can easily share your videos with your friends on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, WhatsApp right from the platform.
Review: FilmoraGo has gained overall 4.1/5 ratings based on the reviews from 370,323 users.
Price: Different prices for different collections, overlays, etc.
- Import from social networking sites like Instagram and Facebook
- Find the perfect soundtrack from FilmoraGo’s library of licensed songs
- Lip sync your videos
- Various dimensions – square, cinema
- Reverse, trim or rotate videos, add text overlays, speed & slomo, etc
- Multiple Fast or Slow motions in the same video
- Change motion and timeline of title, can add multiple titles
- Supports many international languages like German, Italian, Turkish, Japanese, Korean, Arabic, Russian, French, Spanish, etc
- Easy to use and loaded with free features
- It gives you an output that looks professionally done
- Well designed interface, smooth performance
- Very handy and can be used even without the internet
- Sometimes refuses to save the video
- Lags and crashes quite often
- May not show music on your device
- The audio always fades out in the end
- Unstable after editing a few videos
Company’s Claim: KineMaster is a full-featured video editor for Android. KineMaster has powerful tools that are easy to use.
KineMaster is the only full-featured professional video editor that brings a full suite of editing tools to Android, Chrome OS, iPhone and iPad, supporting multiple video layers, text layers, and image layers, as well as the ability to cut and trim clips precisely, multi-track audio, volume envelope control, color LUT filters, 3D transitions, chroma key, blending modes, and an asset store with much more downloadable content.
The premium subscription also features unlimited exports in resolutions up to 4K.
Review: KineMaster has gained overall 4.4/5 ratings based on the reviews from 2,220,349 users.
|Yearly Charge after seven-day free trial||$18.10|
- In-built graphics, fonts, stickers, transitions, clips, and more to beautify your video
- Multiple layers of video, stickers, images, text, etc
- It includes a keyframe animation tool to add motion to layers
- Voice overs, voice changers, sound effects, background music
- Create beautiful effects with a blending mode
- Share on YouTube, Facebook, Dropbox, etc
- Includes green screen, audio adding, extracting, volume control, etc
- Easy access to many options available
- It enables you to add more than two layers
- Various choices are available for adding effects
- Lags and slow down as the complexity of editing increases
- Hard to crop videos and audios
- Sometimes it gets difficult to export the edited video
- Even after subscription, it shows that subscription is needed when trying to log in from another device
Company’s Claim: VivaVideo is the best video editor and free video maker app, with all video editing features.
VivaVideo is one of the most comprehensive video editing apps, with video editing features like making videos from pictures with song, editing video with transitions, adding video to video, combining video clips, adding music to video, and much more. It features hundreds of Special Effects/ Stickers/ Filters/ Animated clips to transform your videos. You can directly share the video to your social media handles from within the app.
Review: VivaVideo has gained overall 4.5/5 ratings based on the reviews from 11,599,771 users.
|Yearly VIP Membership||$11.85|
- Professional music video maker with songs and effects
- Make videos from pictures and songs easily
- Several video editing effects: blur background, slow down videos, speed up videos, etc
- Combine several video clips to make one video
- Can cut, edit, merge, paste while editing a video
- Export videos at your desired resolution like 720p, 1080p, 4K, etc
- It has an inbuilt slow-motion video creator
- It works exceptionally well for short clips for social media
- Super easy to use, even for an amateur
- Cut clips and place them anywhere you want
- Sometimes it tends to switch to a different language all of a sudden
- There are not many effects, themes, or filters after the new update
- Tends to delete text or image, or place it anywhere in the video
- It does not allow to mute the theme music
- Hard to add and manage more than one audio/video file
Company’s Claim: WeVideo’s free video editor for Android makes it easy, fast, and fun to create and share amazing videos. You don’t need to be a pro to create incredible videos for school, business, and life!
The WeVideo video editor has been featured in TechCrunch, CNET, ReelSEO, The Next Web, Wired, and more. For using this app, you don’t need to be a pro at creating and editing videos.
With WeVideo’s Video Editor App, you can capture memories wherever they happen and transform them into breath-taking videos and share them on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and more.
WeVideo Professional or Business plan has even more benefits like expanded music and theme libraries, professional-quality graphics, no WeVideo watermark, etc.
Review: WeVideo has gained overall 4.2/5 ratings based on the reviews from 162,566 users.
|Professional Plan||$41.81/month and $249.47/year|
|Unlimited Plan||$14.63/month and $86.41/year|
|Power Plan||$9.06/month and $53.66/year|
|Mobile Pass||$3.76 one year pass|
- Create stunning videos with exceptional video themes and video filters
- With selected upgrades, you can publish up to 4K Ultra High Definition video
- Use the blurred background to enhance your vertical videos
- Add your own music or use its royalty-free library for a custom soundtrack
- Publish and upload to YouTube, Dropbox, Instagram, Facebook, etc
- It lets you carry out basic but powerful editing on your smartphone
- It allows you to create slideshow very smoothly without any effort
- Easy to use and gives quick outputs
- Good for making slideshows with music in a short time
- Limited music and effects collection in the free account
- It does not allow you to save/export the video without a premium subscription
- Sometimes does not allow you to edit video from the device
Company’s Claim: VideoShow offers excellent video editing features. With this movie maker, making memes, creating videos or slideshow with photos, pictures, music, sticker, and sound effects is easy and fun.
VideoShow is an easy and practical video editing app & movie scene maker for both art directors and beginners. With the help of this video cutter, you can reverse, blur, duplicate, edit, merge, trim, split, collage clips, or videos.
VideoShow also allows you to add subtitles to any video, or to change its audio. It also lets you take any video on your device and apply different filters.
The app contains an inventory of over 50 elaborate themes to create a striking music video/slideshow/vlog instantly.
Review: VideoShow has gained overall 4.6/5 ratings based on the reviews from 4,905760 users.
- Create artistic subtitles with a variety of text fonts and styles
- Add stunning filters to make videos different. 30+ filters are supported
- Easy and practical for professionals as well as beginners
- One can easily shoot videos through the app and edit them
- Up to 50 elaborate themes available
- Straightforward and has every feature you are looking for
- It has great transitions and multiple music choices
- Choose any amount of images you want, cut the music from wherever you want
- Can also make a collage of images to add in the video
- Join multiple video clips to make a single clip
- The app freezes and crashes several times
- Problem while sharing the videos on YouTube, social media
- Lack of quality in videos after exporting it
- It doesn’t allow high-resolution editing videos from your device
Company’s Claim: Music Slideshow, Collage & Movie Maker now to create outstanding videos in minutes, perfect for sharing on social media.
Magisto Video Editor and Movie Maker use sophisticated A.I. (artificial intelligence) to find the best parts of your recording.
It smartly applies editing techniques including video stabilization, filters object detection, effects, and auto-crop, to create mind-blowing videos that outshine the average slideshow or collage.
Designed as your 24/7 personal movie editor, Magisto combines clips, photos, filters, music, text, and effects to help you tell your story. Once in awhile, Magisto will present you with a fully automated private surprise movie by converting the photos and video clips from your gallery.
Review: Magisto has gained overall 3.8/5 ratings based on the reviews from 1,046,434 users.
|Annual Subscription||$18.43 Paid Yearly, [$1.53/month]|
- Share your video content on social networking platforms in a tap
- A library of authorized music from rock to cinematic
- You can even utilize music from your device
- Make a video collage, photo slideshow with music, and full-blown produced video
- Combine clips, photos, music, texts, filters, etc. to make a fabulous video
- It offers many choices for style and sound
- This app is best for someone who has not much experience in video editing
- Semi-automatic, you just have to select style, images, and clips and music to produce a video
- Easy and friendly to use, even a non-computer savvy person can use it
- Cannot download your videos unless and until you subscribe to their monthly fee
- It is a bit expensive
- Sometimes hard to load the sound
- No way to contact them by email or phone number
- AI does the work, so you cannot choose transitions or filters
Company’s Claim: Best FREE HD Video Editor and Video Maker with all features, trim & cut video/movie, blur the background and no crop, add music and video effects!
InShot is a powerful screen video editor & movie maker with all features like trim & cut video/movie, add music, text, stickers and glitch effects, blur background, and No Crop! It acts as a professional HD video maker for Tik Tok! InShot provides basic yet powerful video editing features, thus provoking you to release your unlimited creativity.
It encourages you to create incredible videos with ease for TikTok, YouTube, Instagram, WhatsApp, Twitter, etc.
Review: InShot has gained overall 4.8/5 ratings based on the reviews from 346,459 users.
|After 7-Days Free Trial||$9.06/year and 75 cents/month|
|One- Time Purchase||$27.18|
- Video Splitter, Video Trimmer and Video Cutter
- Merge and join clips from two different videos
- Powerful pro video editor for Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, Musical.ly, etc
- Loads of unique filters and colorful backgrounds
- Multiple ratios supported
- Adjust music volume and fade-in/out
- It is amazingly easy to use and is very convenient for beginners
- It provides multiple beautiful choices of text and music
- Can resize videos and posts as per your need
- User friendly and easy to learn
- Perfect for editing thumbnails, videos, etc
- The transitions are not available on Android Devices
- The app consumes a lot of space
- It cannot change where to save the data
- There’s no undo option, so you cannot make any mistakes
Company’s Claim: PowerDirector is the #1 video maker and movie maker on mobile that lets you create videos in 4K quality, edit videos with multi-timeline features, and share them on YouTube, Instagram and Facebook.
It is also featured as an Editors’ Choice app on Google Play.
Review: PowerDirector has gained overall 4.5/5 ratings based on the reviews from 1,113,526 users.
- Exporting videos up to 4K resolution
- Video Stabilizer to fix shaky footage
- Chroma key to edit green screen background
- Add glitch and transition effects to make the video look futuristic
- You can overlay clips to produce double exposure effects
- Multiple blending modes and multi-timeline interface
- The features it offers are amazing
- The app is good for the price as it provides effects, transitions, overlays, music, and lots more
- Very easy to use and supports your devices’ music
- Add multiple layers and then control and edit in each layer
- Easy switching between computer and phone due to its integration with Cyberlink
- The prices for the stickers and the music are specifically high
- Shows error despite having bought a premium subscription
- Sometimes gets glitchy and can’t add files to the timeline
- It may sometimes crash while saving the file
- Too many ads and unnecessary notifications
I am confident that, if not all, one of the ten apps mentioned will be a perfect fit for you. These are the kinds of apps that you need to have to create stunning videos for personal use or for representing your brand on various platforms.
The video editors are not mentioned in the order of preference. Go for the app, depending on your use case.